Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Starfish Rising

Welcome to the Starfish Lighthouse. In this blog I plan to document Starfish's journey from the initial sketch on lined notebook paper to what I hope will one day reach iconic status in the eyes and minds of people everywhere. It's been a lifelong pursuit of mine to tell a story complete of my own imagination. I've been doing it since I could first make marks on any flat surface. When I was five, my mama gave me a portable chalkboard. I would draw Superman (in stick-figure fashion) looking through a wall with his x-ray vision as a distressed Lois Lane sat tied up in a chair at the hands of the evil Lex Luthor, the just released Superman Movie's Main Title March pumping through my vocal chords rather amateurishly. When I finished rendering the scene, I'd erase it and start drawing Superman busting though the wall. At the time I wasn't aware I was constructing my first comic book panels. As I get ready to start this adventure with Starfish, I find myself humming along with those opening trumpets.

No comments: